We offer a wide range of parish activities and programs, respond to the needs of our community through our outreach mission, and strive to make St. John’s a spiritual home for everyone.
St. John’s is a part of the Diocese of the Rio Grande and was established in Farmington as a mission by Bishop John Mills Kendrick. Initial planning, services, and funding for the new church began in 1893-94, and by 1908, the church building was completed. The building has undergone many changes including the addition of new rooms, beautiful stained glass windows, pews and furniture. We have kept the traditional English chapel features and still have many items of historical and artistic value.
St. John’s is the oldest church in San Juan County still worshipping in its original building; all other congregations have either rebuilt their churches or relocated to other locations. On October 11, 2008, St. John’s was re-consecrated to the Glory of God by Bishop Bill Frey in celebration of a century of worship and service in Farmington.