St. John’s Episcopal Church is a liturgical church celebrating the Eucharist (Lord's Supper) every Sunday and Wednesday. Our communion is open to all baptized believers, regardless of denominational affiliation. Click here to see our typical Communion Service.
St. John’s Episcopal Church is centrally located in Farmington, NM, and serves folks from the Four Corners area (The Four Corners is the only place in the U.S. where four states meet: New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, and Arizona). We also enjoy a close relationship with the Episcopal Church in Navajoland.
St. John's is on Facebook under Friends of St. John's, Farmington.
We offer a wide range of parish activities and programs. We respond to the needs of our community through our outreach mission and strive to make St. John’s a spiritual home for everyone.
St. John’s is a part of the Diocese of the Rio Grande and was established in Farmington as a mission by Bishop John Mills Kendrick. Initial planning, services, and funding for the new church began in 1893-94, and by 1908, the church building was completed. The building has undergone many changes including the addition of new rooms, beautiful stained glass windows, pews and furniture. We have kept the traditional English chapel features and still have many items of historical and artistic value.
St. John’s is the oldest church in San Juan County still worshipping in its original building; all other congregations have either rebuilt their churches or relocated to other locations. On October 11, 2008, St. John’s was re-consecrated to the Glory of God by Bishop Bill Frey in celebration of a century of worship and service in Farmington, NM.